Monday, August 24, 2015

Today is the first day of the rest of your life...


There's never been a day like this day to me
There's never been a day like this day I see
There's never been a light that shines so bright
As this day, this glorious day

This is the song that is going through my head this morning as I kayak around Rodeo Island on Lake Sacacawea. Conditions are perfect, the water is still, there's not much traffic and the sun is shining.

A perfect day to start a new adventure...a 30 day adventure called Fantasy Fitness Challenge. It's one of those challenges that is popular with younger folks these days. I think there's 16 of us in this challenge....probably 2 or 3 of us are Grandmas. I am a professional "dieter". Yes, I know we are not supposed to call it a "diet" anymore...it's a lifestyle change. I have had the best success with Weight Watcher's in the past. I was even a WW lecturer over 35 years ago. As a retired nurse I also have knowledge of nutrition and the benefits of exercise and eating healthy. I am very excited to see nutrition and exercise becoming popular. It is an answer to prayers. The obesity in this country is sad.

Although I have the knowledge, can I transfer that to action? My plan is to blog daily for the next 30 days. It may be thought provoking but mostly light hearted and funny.  Here are my thoughts and questions today:

*I know I can do this for a day or two but 30 days? Seriously?
*What about giving into my cravings....when my mind is screaming "I'm starving" or "One bite won't hurt" or "I deserve that treat cuz I've been good or had a hard day"
*What about the days when I just want to veg and not think or plan or follow the menu plan...when I want to rebel and go my own merry way?

Well, let's simply enjoy this day, this beautiful day and the moments of this day filled with people and challenges and exercise and healthy eating. Make it a great day...this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment