Sunday, April 24, 2016

Breakfast of Champions


Here are a few of my favorites that I've eaten this week:
Avocado Toast....poached eggs with avocado slices on whole grain toast and balsamic vinegar sprinkled on top. Eaten with Galia melon. The balsamic vinegar is an acquired taste so you can skip it if you want.

Slow scrambled eggs with spinach, onions, pear tomatoes, topped with Feta cheese and eaten in a wrap.

Triple zero Dannon greek yogurt with nuts, fruit and a splash of maple syrup.  The yogurt has no added sugar, no artificial sweeteners and no fat. I would not mind the full fat yogurt but I most want to avoid real and artificial sugar.

There's not a picture of what I had this morning. Oatmeal (check for sugar and chemicals) with fruit and Jif peanut powder. I often add coconut oil but forgot it this morning.

I rarely eat boxed cereal as most have a lot of chemicals and sugar and little protein. It's proven that protein staves off hunger later in the day. I am rarely hungry for breakfast but eat it anyway. I usually wake up around 7 and try to eat breakfast by 9. If I am on the road, I will grab a piece of fruit with nuts along with coffee and water.

No comments:

Post a Comment