Saturday, March 4, 2017

What's the plan?

I like to make plans. Within my family, I have been asked to plan birthdays and reunions and other celebrations as well as activities while we were in Arizona. It was not a chore for me as I love planning. When we were building our house in Van Hook or buying our house in Fargo, I fell asleep easily because I was planning furniture placement and decor. So I find it interesting that I have been resistive to planning my meals while on this journey to better health!

Weight Watcher members are asked to consider "why" they want to lose weight. It might be so they can be more active or to improve their blood pressure or blood sugars or to reduce pain in their joints or to look better. Last week we were asked to consider "how" we will get to our "why".  Many members stated they plan ahead either for the week or for the day. Lately, I have been resistive to planning and to logging my food and therefore had a weight gain this week. I found myself wondering why I resist planning my meals when I generally love to plan. Do I resist planning because in the past life with work and kids was so regimented and now I love the spontaneity of retirement?  Do I resist planning because I love my independence so much that I don't want anyone (including myself)) telling me what to do? Do I resist because I'm not sure what I will be hungry for later today or later this week?  I started this journey with a plan to succeed. The reality is that my chances of succeeding are greater if I plan and certainly if I track what I eat.






No comments:

Post a Comment