Saturday, March 6, 2021

My Mother

Yesterday, was my mother's funeral. She was not perfect although we've practically canonized her this week. She was a remarkable woman and survived unbelievable hardships especially in her childhood. She was an extremely hard worker and had trouble adjusting to not working. She was a VERY generous woman--selfless really--there was no part of her that would understand the "me " generation. She was sweet and funny. I miss her so much. I share her love of quilting and music and reading and poetry. As a child, I often saw the "drill sargeant" side of her. Now that I am a mother and grandmother, I understand that military mode especially when there are so many tasks to be accomplished. I am amazed at everything she did and how she loved especially when she lost her own mother at such a young age so how did she learn how to be this wonderful mother and grandmother? It's going to be hard to go back to work and back to reality when I would rather curl up in bed for another week or so. I am so proud of my daughter Stephanie (who was named after Grandma Stella). She gave a moving eulogy. Mom--there'll never be another you.

No comments:

Post a Comment