Thursday, August 18, 2016

Life is Difficult

I was reading a FB post about helicopter parents making things easy for their kids by removing obstacles when I was reminded of the first line of Dr. Peck's book, "The Road Less Traveled" which says "Life is difficult". So we are much better telling our kids and grandkids that there will be difficulties but we are smart, we are overcomers and we can figure out how to get through the difficulties.

Yesterday was a typical hump day and typical day three of any new eating plan. It was difficult.  I was bored with it. I wanted someone else to cook for me. I wanted someone else to clean up. But I overcame the difficulties by kayaking for three miles, simplifying and adapting the meal plan and by taking a nap and by having some chocolate within the plan! Yeah me!

Today will be easier as I have to take Lisa to Minot for an appointment so I have a plan for eating while we travel. Grandpa will stay with the Grandkids and feed and clean-up and get things ready for company! No kayaking but maybe a bike ride with grandkids this evening. Let's Go!

PS: These struggles seem so trivial in comparison to the people facing cancer or other life threatening diseases as well as those facing flooding in Louisiana and fires in California.  Forgive me Lord for whining. Thank you for helping me through both big and small difficulties.

No comments:

Post a Comment