Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Today is the First Day of the Rest of my Life

So what do I want for the rest of my life?

  • To be more active
  • To be stronger
  • To have better balance
  • To have less pain in my joints
  • To have fun
  • To enjoy a variety of activities with friends and family
So how was my first day on the Biggest Loser plan?
  • The plan was easy to follow.
  • It had "normal" foods that were easy to prepare.
  • The food was delicious.
  • I have generous friends who share their garden produce.
  • I made some minor substitutions of same calories, same nutritional value.
  • I peed a lot as I was drinking more water!
  • This country is blessed with a bounty of choices of food and drink.
  • I love eating "real" foods.
What were my biggest struggles?
  • I struggled with overcoming my habit of nibbling my way through the day.
  • I missed having the freedom of "mindless" eating.
  • I can't think of anything funny or clever to say!
  • Food prep and clean-up is more work.
What are my worries? And what are solutions to those worries?
  • We are having company this weekend? Can I follow the plan while they are here? Yes, they are helpful and supportive. Prep and plan ahead of time.
  • It's too hard....that's my inner, whining child coming out!
  • Can I sustain this? Yes....maybe pick up some Nutritious TV dinners for the days when you are busy or tired of prepping. Ask for help when you need it.
I kayaked for over 3 miles yesterday. It looks like another beautiful day for kayaking. The grandkids were so good...we staged some good Olympic games and they played and played with the new wooden swords I bought them! Let's Go on to day two!

No comments:

Post a Comment